DESIGNED TO ADAPT | BUILT TO ENDURE
JOIN OUR TEAM
Polypack, an International packaging machinery manufacturer with headquarters in Pinellas Park, Florida. Polypack offers competitive pay and great benefits including 100% paid health insurance for our employees, 9 paid holidays, dental insurance and 401K plan.
Polypack, a worldwide leader in end-of-line packaging machinery solutions, is currently accepting applications for the position of Mechanical Assembler. We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years of related machine assembly experience, that are highly self-motivated as individual contributors but also function very effectively in a team-based environment. Automotive Mechanic experience may be substituted for machine assembly experience. Polypack, Inc. machines are constructed of clean, polished stainless steel and aluminum components.
Polypack is a privately owned, family-oriented company with a global customer base and international operations. Headquartered on the cultural west coast of Florida in Pinellas Park (Tampa/St Pete), our 50+-year-old company is experiencing growth through innovation and cost-competitiveness. We are currently seeking to add several Mechanical Assemblers to support this growth.
Responsibilities will include assembly of mechanical parts; tuning and testing of machinery; adjusting and fitting parts to very close tolerances and working with parts that require special care in handling. Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assembles a variety of sub-assemblies.
- Constructing to engineering specifications.
- Assembles and fit parts to close tolerances.
- Align, fit and adjust parts to meet requirements of machine specifications according to engineering drawings.
- Perform troubleshooting.
- Tune and test assembled machinery components.
- And other duties as assigned by Assembly Supervisor or Production Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to work from 2D and 3D mechanical drawings.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to easily visualize 3 dimensionally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be experienced with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to read machine drawings and documentation to assemble machines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be easy to get along with.
- Strong communication skills
- Own your own tools, including calipers and micrometer.
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude.
- Must be very detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, kneel and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or push/pull/transfer up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull/transfer up to 100 pounds.
Polypack offers great pay and benefits including 100% paid health insurance for their employees, 50% for any dependents, term life insurance, matching 401K and 9 paid holidays a year.
Please visit www.polypack.com to learn about the equipment we build.
Job Type: Full-time
SERVICE TECHNICIAN/SERVICE ENGINEER
Polypack Inc, a machinery manufacturing company firm located in Pinellas Park, FL, is seeking qualified Mechanical Service Technicians to do initial set-up and repair of shrink-wrapping equipment in our local plant and at customer facilities.
You must possess a strong mechanical & technical background with experience in pneumatics, PLC controls and electrical circuits, preferably on packaging equipment.
Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Frequent travel (including some international) and your own tools are a requirement for the position.
Applicants from outside the state of Florida are encouraged to apply, but relocation to our Pinellas Park location is a must.
Polypack offers great pay and benefits including 100% paid health insurance for their employees, 50% for any dependents and 9 paid holidays.
For additional information about our machinery please visit our website www.polypack.com.
Be sure to reference job title “Service Technician” on your submission